When you take a little girl who is tired from being up part of the night coughing and sneezing and who seems to be operating at about 70 percent of normal, then add a little Benadryl, you get Gracie at her preschool Halloween program today. Throughout the entire program, she looked pretty much like she appears in the picture above. She just stared at nothing, except for the few minutes she looked at the girl next to her like she was crazy. And she didn't sing one word, which is crazy because she loves to sing and because she did a preview show for Scott a few nights ago and knew all the words.
We also carved pumpkins this week. Or I should say Scott and I carved pumpkins. Ellie wandered around trying to pull her pants down (she discovered their elastic waistband earlier in the day), and Gracie watched Scott for about two minutes, refused to touch the inside of the pumpkin and disappeared for the remainder of the activity.
Apparently my girls don't need big events like pumpkin carving or performances. They just like the simple things in life...
1 comment:
I always love to look at your posts and share in your life with your cute little girls. I so wish we lived closer! Hope Gracie is feeling better and you all stay heathly.
Love, Aunt Carol
Post a Comment